Earth Advocates may have never been able to develop into what it has become without the inspiration and support of some special individuals who have helped our cause in one way or another. Our gratitude and appreciation goes to all these special people. We thank you all and look forward to a continuing a meaningful and prosperous relationship with many such individuals or groups into the 21st Century!
Special Thanks to:
1) John Angelos Marinos, the inspirational leader and the deceased father of Robin Marinos, the founder of Earth Advocates. A senior member of Green Peace, National Geographic Society, Amnesty International, the Humane Society, and many other environmental and sociopolitical organizations. A man who always represented and supported those who were the voiceless, exploited, abused and forgotten, whether human, animal, or plant. He particularly cared for the conservation and protection of nature and the voiceless creatures within, all that make this world a very special place. His teaching and supporting role was the principle force behind the development of this organization. John Marinos died July 15,1999, at the age of 77, after suffering 3 years of various health complications.
2) Steve Irwin – 1962 - 2006
3) Dr. Hanni Batuna & Family - A compassionate and caring leader of Sea exploration and conservation in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Established Murex, the first and finest dive resort in Manado. Also a powerful supporter of Earth Advocates and its cause. He was always there when we needed him.
4) Ida Pedanda Gede Ngurah Kaleran, the Balinese High Priest with a pure religious conviction. A Courageous Leader and great individual who has enthusiastically led the way in redefining the Balinese Religion position against the Sea Turtle Trade, Slaughter, and Consumption. He has supported our efforts and stood beside us since 1998.
5) Steve Morris, Top Manager and Diving enthusiast, who offered his help when it was most needed and encouraged Robin Marinos to start an environmental organization.
6) Mike Madick, who came into action during the Trap Net affair and supported Robin's efforts at the start, April 1997, and receives credit for some of the photographic images of the illegal operation.
7) Rudy Wahyono, Director of IRCES, a companion, partner, and volunteer Indonesian consultant for Earth Advocates during the 1999 election campaign. His support made our efforts so much easier.
8) Renee Chew, of 'Wakatobi Divers', to whom we express our appreciation for supporting our cause during 1999 when help was needed.
9) CNBC ASIA, the Singapore Business News, many thanks for twice Interviewing Robin Marinos and Televising the Earth Advocates campaign involving Sea Turtle trade and slaughter dilemma.
10) The WORLD BANK, for their effort toward nature conservation and sustaining all the life forms and ecosystems while promoting pro environmental business practices. Thanks for allowing for the opportunity to participate in your conference on Coral Reefs and by showing the our film on the Turtle Trade during the conference.
11) Wolcott Henry, Director of the Curtis & Edith Munson Foundation, thanks for encouraging Robin to continue his efforts in defending the worlds fragile environmental ecosystems. Also the primary sponsor of Robin's visit to Washington D.C. during October 1997.
12) Emil Salim,
13) Felix Zweifel, thanks for being a partner and companion, for continually sacrificing your time and effort to enhance the cause to protect and sustain our environment.
14) Peter Blumtritt, and the Smiling Hostel crew and 'Froggies', for being doing their part to protect the North Sulawesi Marine reserve, and a partner to Earth Advocates in its struggle for Environmental policy there.
15) Ed Coljn, the founder of The Indonesian Nature Conservation Database, an important network that has developed into a major point for sharing and exchanging environmental information among those whose efforts are not being heard nor have the funds to combat the problems alone. A network that is needed and essential to oppose the forces of exploitation and destruction of the Environment.
16) Enrico Rampinelli, Senior member of Swiss Underwater sports Federation and the Committee on Scientific Archeology, his concern, interest, and support of the efforts of Earth Advocates is genuinely appreciated.
17) Mark Ecenbarger and the Kungkungan Bay crew, the environmentally sound dive operation which has dedicated itself to preserving and protecting the Lembay Straits area. Also a major player in exposing the Killer Trap Nets operation.
18) Larry Smith, renown dive instructor who has dedicated his efforts to preserving the Indonesia Archipelago, and has helped Earth Advocates in its efforts whilst Senior Dive Instructor at Kungkungan Bay Resort.
19) Billy Matindas, 'Captain Billy', partner of Kungkungan Bay Resort and founder of the "Lembay Straits Preservation Society".A HONOURED HERO in Indonesia for saving the lives of the passengers and crew of a capsized ship. Also a die hard Seaman and conservationist. Often working behind the scene at high levels to create pro-environmental policies. A proud, intelligent, and companionate Minahasan who recently deceased of health complications in Jakarta. Also a close ally and friend of Robin Marinos, who will dearly be missed for all his qualities and directness, died January 25, 2004.
20) 'WALHI', the first authentic Indonesian Environmental organization, which truly represent the environment and have on occasion shared efforts with Earth Advocates. Special thanks to Genting Longena .
21) Helen Newman and the Singapore Conservation Society, for inviting Earth Advocates to participate in Exhibitions relative to Environmental Conservation.
22) Dr. Mark Erdmann, who through his efforts and knowledge have made major changes in North Sulawesi.
23) Gen Lee, an Indonesian Ranger who struggled with Earth Advocates for environmental protection and reform. He put his job and life on the line to fight for the law and his principles.
24) Haris Chua, Cyber Cafe, Bali, for his endless help during the 1997-98 efforts by Earth Advocates.
25) Members of WWF, namely Putu Lisa and Agus Purnomo, who both provided aid to the Earth Advocates on a number of occasions.
26) Ed McWilliams, for his inspirational and supportive efforts for Earth Advocates during 1999.
27) Charles Lindsay, deserves recognition for his inspirational and amazingly descriptive photography of which some have been used by the Earth Advocates to exemplify the truth.
28) Hans Van Praag, an inspirational partner in the effort to save the Sea Turtles.We extend our condolences to the family of Hans Van Praag, who spent many years attempting to save the Sea Turtles in South East Asia through active persuasion and conservation methods. Here in photo, Hans and Robin during an informal meeting at Han's home. Hans deceased on Ibiza, Spain, 1998, at the age of 94.